• Välkommen till ett uppdaterat Klocksnack.se

Efter ett digert arbete är nu den största uppdateringen av Klocksnack.se någonsin klar att se dagens ljus.
    Forumet kommer nu bli ännu snabbare, mer lättanvänt och framför allt fyllt med nya funktioner.

Vi har skapat en tråd på diskussionsdelen för feedback och tekniska frågeställningar.

Tack för att ni är med och skapar Skandinaviens bästa klockforum!

/Hook & Leben

Fråga om äldre Heuer.

fretig

Cartier
Fick just denna bilden från en kompis. Har 0 koll på Heuer men tycker direkt att tavlan verkar konstig. Kamouflage liksom...
Någon som har koll?

mms_20150324_122055.jpg

Criss Cross

Playing with fire
2-Faktor
Ser inte vad som står på verket, men man kan väl kalla det för "skadad urtavla". Det gjordes väl en del klockor av annat märke med samma boett och verk, s k poor mans Heuer. Frågan är vad det är för ursprungsklocka?

Donkii

Boushh
2-Faktor
Haha, va fan, man vet inte vad man säljer men man vill ha 19,500kr. Du kan gärna få be om något bättre än mms bilder :)
Hur det än är finns det ingen modell från Heuer som har eller har haft en sådan tavla. Om nu inte din polare har hittat något unikt tillverkat för någon med dålig smak en gång i tiden, föga troligt.

Ok there's enough here to get excited about.
Firstly i'd like to know a couple of important details
- is there a case back - ( if yes then photo's please )
- what is the serial number between the lugs ?

This is an early Carrera ! The hour markers indicate a pre-65 model ( which is in the first 2 years of the model). I suspect the correct caseback for this model is a rare "poly-back" ( previously called "hex-back").

First series Carrera's are very sought after & i know collectors that would leap on this at the shown price ( but it could well be that they are the one's that already have the scarce parts to complete this project )
For a collector without the right advice or contacts this could be a difficult/expensive project to complete. The poly-back backcases NEVER come up for sale !!!

If the original poster purchases then he's welcome to contact me for advice - keep in mind i dont have the spares for this model.
- Darren

Donkii

Boushh
2-Faktor

This is an early Carrera ! The hour markers indicate a pre-65 model ( which is in the first 2 years of the model). I suspect the correct caseback for this model is a rare "poly-back" ( previously called "hex-back").

First series Carrera's are very sought after & i know collectors that would leap on this at the shown price ( but it could well be that they are the one's that already have the scarce parts to complete this project )
For a collector without the right advice or contacts this could be a difficult/expensive project to complete. The poly-back backcases NEVER come up for sale !!!

If the original poster purchases then he's welcome to contact me for advice - keep in mind i dont have the spares for this model.
- Darren

What about the dial on that piece?

What about the dial on that piece?

The dial has gone full camouflage !!!
Now this is another issue all together, some will argue never change an original part whilst many others would swap it in a heartbeat. Again the issue is finding this execution's dial.
They used to come up quite regularly 3-5 years ago. I'm certain some Carrera collectors will have these in their collection but knowing the focus towards the 1st execution Carrera's anyone holding one witll be reluctant to sell the part alone.
Again this points towards this being a difficult restoration - maybe i should have turned the point around at the start and asked the original poster "could you live with that dial"?
I've seen watches with worse that are still loved by their owners.
Here's one of mine with a face only a mother could love ;)

fretig

Cartier
Tack för all input! Har bett om bättre bilder så hoppas de kommer snart. Sitter på telefonen nu så får skriva mer när jag landat vid datorn.

Har en bild till.
mms_20150324_213034.jpg

Donkii

Boushh
2-Faktor
The dial has gone full camouflage !!!
Now this is another issue all together, some will argue never change an original part whilst many others would swap it in a heartbeat. Again the issue is finding this execution's dial.
They used to come up quite regularly 3-5 years ago. I'm certain some Carrera collectors will have these in their collection but knowing the focus towards the 1st execution Carrera's anyone holding one witll be reluctant to sell the part alone.
Again this points towards this being a difficult restoration - maybe i should have turned the point around at the start and asked the original poster "could you live with that dial"?
I've seen watches with worse that are still loved by their owners.
Here's one of mine with a face only a mother could love ;)

I have never seen a dial in that condition before so that was news to me. Would be nice with a closeup so the speculations, at lest from my side, could come to an end.

The one buying that watch is probably one of them sitting on the execution dial and waiting for an object like this, or as you point out, someone who would love the watch despite it's flaws.

Have your collection changed in the last few months? :)

fretig

Cartier

- Darren

Hi Darren!

Firstly, thank you for all the input! I will try to get the questions you stated answered asap. Also, I´ll request better pictures. Hopefully I will get them tomorrow. If this is what you think it is, how hard would it be to find a proper dial for it?

Donkii

Boushh
2-Faktor
Tolkar du det Darren säger som att den inte är ommålad? Den måste ju nästan vara det...

Jag tolkar det han skriver som att den är original och att den patinerats sådär, men utifrån bilden skulle jag säga att det är omöjligt att säga, men mina ögon tycker nog att patinan i sånt fall är i det grövsta laget, men man har ju blivit förvånad förr :D

fretig

Cartier
Jag tolkar det han skriver som att den är original och att den patinerats sådär, men utifrån bilden skulle jag säga att det är omöjligt att säga, men mina ögon tycker nog att patinan i sånt fall är i det grövsta laget, men man har ju blivit förvånad förr :D

Ah! Ja jäklar. Men nej, håller helt med dig där =D
Morgondagen får utvisa.

Karatekid

Vacheron
2-Faktor
Ser inte vad som står på verket, men man kan väl kalla det för "skadad urtavla". Det gjordes väl en del klockor av annat märke med samma boett och verk, s k poor mans Heuer. Frågan är vad det är för ursprungsklocka?

Problemet vad ja förstått är att de sk poor mans carrerorna som delar den här boetten har samma ref nr mellan luggarna dvs 2447. Tror dock sj att detta är en heuer:)

Hi guys , good to see this has been a fruity topic with some very respected names coming in to give their thoughts - thumbs up guys !!

Ok to answer some of the issues, I too would prefer some clearer , more detailed photo's to make better observations. Here's my opinion from what we can see.
Yes there were non-Heuer branded watches that used the same style case as the 2447 - Clebar, Tradition & Zodiac leap to my mind. But as far as i know none of them came with 2447 actually stamped between the lugs. Further to this the movement is correctly marked as a Heuer one from the period should be. I beleive the dial started out life looking like this
http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Chr...47N_(Black)/Ref_2447N_Early/15Car2447Poly.jpg
Take note of the steel hour block markers at 3, 6 & 9 - i have never seen these present on any other non-Heuer branded Carrera.

Further info for you - here's a picture of the poly back i mentioned in my earlier note
http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Chr...N_(Black)/Ref_2447N_Early/171Car2447NPoly.jpg
It would be bonus if the watch at the start of this thread had this type of back ( and almost certainly identify it as a 1964 model ) BUT i point out thats not an absolute. There were many more that had standard 6 groove backs like this
http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Chr...Ref_2447N_First_Execution/57Car2447NFirst.jpg

Hands -
The longer 3 hands look correct to me - its just had some heavy handed git attempt to re-lume the hour & minute hands. A decent watchmaker will be able to sort these- clean, polish & re-lume. The small register hand at the 9 position looks correct but the buyer would need to source the small register hands for the 3 & 6 positions.

The dial may have suffered from water damage or even the heavy handed git that repainted the hour & minute hands may have had a turn at cleaning the dial & subsequently removed the finish. I've seen a few sad examples of this type of thing in the past - sad, sad, sad !!!

I have never seen a dial in that condition before so that was news to me. Would be nice with a closeup so the speculations, at lest from my side, could come to an end.

The one buying that watch is probably one of them sitting on the execution dial and waiting for an object like this, or as you point out, someone who would love the watch despite it's flaws.

Have your collection changed in the last few months? :)

Completely agree - this project suits the guy holding the spare parts already - not the other way around !!

fretig

Cartier
Hi guys , good to see this has been a fruity topic with some very respected names coming in to give their thoughts - thumbs up guys !!

Ok to answer some of the issues, I too would prefer some clearer , more detailed photo's to make better observations. Here's my opinion from what we can see.
Yes there were non-Heuer branded watches that used the same style case as the 2447 - Clebar, Tradition & Zodiac leap to my mind. But as far as i know none of them came with 2447 actually stamped between the lugs. Further to this the movement is correctly marked as a Heuer one from the period should be. I beleive the dial started out life looking like this
http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Chr...47N_(Black)/Ref_2447N_Early/15Car2447Poly.jpg
Take note of the steel hour block markers at 3, 6 & 9 - i have never seen these present on any other non-Heuer branded Carrera.

Further info for you - here's a picture of the poly back i mentioned in my earlier note
http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Chr...N_(Black)/Ref_2447N_Early/171Car2447NPoly.jpg
It would be bonus if the watch at the start of this thread had this type of back ( and almost certainly identify it as a 1964 model ) BUT i point out thats not an absolute. There were many more that had standard 6 groove backs like this
http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Chr...Ref_2447N_First_Execution/57Car2447NFirst.jpg

Hands -
The longer 3 hands look correct to me - its just had some heavy handed git attempt to re-lume the hour & minute hands. A decent watchmaker will be able to sort these- clean, polish & re-lume. The small register hand at the 9 position looks correct but the buyer would need to source the small register hands for the 3 & 6 positions.

The dial may have suffered from water damage or even the heavy handed git that repainted the hour & minute hands may have had a turn at cleaning the dial & subsequently removed the finish. I've seen a few sad examples of this type of thing in the past - sad, sad, sad !!!

Wow! Wonderful to have all this information! This is why I love this forum (and others like it).
I have asked for closeup pics that should arrive now around lunch. Will post them here then.

For now, thank you again!

Karatekid

Vacheron
2-Faktor

Hands -

Hi Darren, always nice to see you around!
I completely agree with you regarding everything BUT take a look at this photo. Its a hamilton 2447 with the ref nr 2447 stamped between the lugs. http://www.chronomaddox.com/hamilton/2447/H6.jpg
If you look through the rest of the photos on this link: http://www.chronomaddox.com/hamilton/2447/
then you'll see that the movement is not signed. Thats strange in my opinion because even the poor mans heuers used to sign their movements as far as I know. When it comes to the dial, the hour markers are like you said the first gen type and not the 2nd that we can see on the hamilton hence i also believe this watch started its life as a carrera 2447.

Topp