• Välkommen till ett uppdaterat Klocksnack.se

Efter ett digert arbete är nu den största uppdateringen av Klocksnack.se någonsin klar att se dagens ljus.
    Forumet kommer nu bli ännu snabbare, mer lättanvänt och framför allt fyllt med nya funktioner.

Vi har skapat en tråd på diskussionsdelen för feedback och tekniska frågeställningar.

Tack för att ni är med och skapar Skandinaviens bästa klockforum!

/Hook & Leben

His & Hers matching watches; Good, Bad and suggestions?

Status
Ej öppen för ytterligare svar.

M.B.

Cartier
Hello KS!
I've been looking to add a new watch to my collection, when my fiance came with the idea of perhaps getting a matching set for both of us to celebrate the upcoming wedding.

I've been thinking of the Rolex Oyster Perpetual with grape dials, 39mm for me and 26mm for her. The issue here is that the 39mm model has the red dots, and the 26 doesn't- quite an OCD trigger for me. Another possibility is to go for a 36mm grape to match the dial, but then It's a bit of a waste in my opinion as we both can pull a 36mm watch, so why not get that one and then something completely else for diversity?

Anyways... Thoughts and suggestions would be welcome!

39mm
2015-Rolex-Oyster-Perpetual-39mm-8.jpg

26mm
rolex-oyster-perpetual-26-red-grape-1.jpg

rdianat

Cartier
2-Faktor
I'd say get the same model / style of watch (OP or DJ are great candidates), and buy them together, but skip the dial matching. That way you have a nice memory to share and two nice watches in the family collection. :)

Rozzy

E-3PO
2-Faktor
genialt, överlappen mellan "Audemars Royal Oak" (inte ROO) och "Husvagn" måste ju va bra j-vla nära NOLL gissar jag...
Åhjo, man kan åtnjuta glamour och i nästa stund även uppskatta det enkla. I vår familj älskar vi att campa och bo trångt i vår VW-buss när vi gjort road trips runt om i Europa som Sverige. Dock utan matchande träningsoveraller. :)
IMG_0115.JPG

NiklasArvid

Mon Mothma
2-Faktor
Åhjo, man kan åtnjuta glamour och i nästa stund även uppskatta det enkla. I vår familj älskar vi att campa och bo trångt i vår VW-buss när vi gjort road trips runt om i Europa som Sverige. Dock utan matchande träningsoveraller. :)
IMG_0115.JPG
absolut, det var inte det jag menade
...åtminstone min fördom om husvagnsägare är att det är ytterst få av dem som skulle ha en AP RO?
tänker att husvagnsägare bär en å annan TT DJ, men mera plastklockor, sportklockor, reklamklockor och DW, ... (...och det är ingen husvagn på bilden, husbilsägare och AP RO har möjligen något större överlapp) :)

Senast ändrad:

M.B.

Cartier
Seems like I have some catching up to do with my Swedish TV history:rolleyes:

Another thought in the line of getting something similar, but not identical, is perhaps sourcing two vintage watches. a Day-Date for me, Datejust for her.
Usually I'm not one for yellow gold but there was a thread the other day with golden DD that got me to investigate a little bit, came across pics of a golden DD with burgundy/dark red dials. Were those available as such, or are these custom dials?

Problem I see here is actually sourcing two vintage watches that matches our taste and in good condition, plus loosing the experience of walking in a store together and leaving with a joint wedding gift.

DD1803-Stella-Oxbl.-0113-04-LR.jpg

Rozzy

E-3PO
2-Faktor
Seems like I have some catching up to do with my Swedish TV history:rolleyes:

Another thought in the line of getting something similar, but not identical, is perhaps sourcing two vintage watches. a Day-Date for me, Datejust for her.
Usually I'm not one for yellow gold but there was a thread the other day with golden DD that got me to investigate a little bit, came across pics of a golden DD with burgundy/dark red dials. Were those available as such, or are these custom dials?

Problem I see here is actually sourcing two vintage watches that matches our taste and in good condition, plus loosing the experience of walking in a store together and leaving with a joint wedding gift.

DD1803-Stella-Oxbl.-0113-04-LR.jpg
To stay on topic, if you and your wife to come are somewhat of one watch "guys", I would strongly advise you not to choose partner look watches (how romantic it all seems now as being very much in love before your wedding :) Congratulations by the way!).
Me and my wife have the APs and also Omega Aqua Terras, but we always see to not wear them at the same time when together (which happened in Paris by coincident!). It feels a bit tacky and "new rich" going partnerstyle with APs...
I think your idea with the DD is much better. Why don't you find a nice vintage piece. Bring it when you go shopping for your wife and get it served and/or get a new dial, and you have two nice wedding watches! Girls tend to sometimes prefer new watches before vintage (old used ones...) and you get a beautiful vintage piece that is more interesting, more stylish and more watch for your money :)

M.B.

Cartier
Thanks for your input Rozzy. When you mention it, you might have a point about the tackiness.
Do you happen to know if the dials as attached above are factory options, or custom ones?

Joakim, sorry for opting to English. I'm not completely comfortable with my Swedish just yet, but feel free to reply in Swedish; Reading is easier than putting it together.
Apologies...

Rozzy

E-3PO
2-Faktor
Thanks for your input Rozzy. When you mention it, you might have a point about the tackiness.
Do you happen to know if the dials as attached above are factory options, or custom ones?

Joakim, sorry for opting to English. I'm not completely comfortable with my Swedish just yet, but feel free to reply in Swedish; Reading is easier than putting it together.
Apologies...
Don't mind Joakim...

I am not a Rolex-guy (but there are others that are :D), so I am not the person to answer about the DD. I Think though that it will be easier to find a nice watch and a nice dial (or order a new one!) and put together than finding your dream vintage watch just like that. Here are some threads about the world of Day Dates and dials...

https://klocksnack.se/threads/udda-rolex-daydate-tavlor.15052/#post-273208

https://klocksnack.se/threads/alla-tavlor-till-day-date-18038.15149/

kmg

Patek
2-Faktor

Apologies...
I don't think you should apologize. Most people here don't mind writing in english once in a while.
If you want to improve your swedish you should not read Joakim's replys since he aparently don't know how to use the word "och" correctly.

Buckshot

Panerai
I don't think you should apologize. Most people here don't mind writing in english once in a while.
If you want to improve your swedish you should not read Joakim's replys since he aparently don't know how to use the word "och" correctly.

Apparently om jag får be!! :) Nu är inte det här ett språkforum, så vi lägger ner. Ok?

M.B.

Cartier
I see that it's a touchy subject. Didn't mean to start another "integration" discussion, so before it goes out of hand I'll just say that I completely agree with Joakim; I should be speaking Swedish if I plan to live in Sweden.
However, learning a new language is a painful process for a qualified professional, used to speaking certain languages and mastering them, turning into "that guy" with the oblivious expression over his face when he tries to communicate. Having said that, given the circumstances- living in Sweden for one year and extensive travels that won't allow proper leaning program, I'm happy with my results so far. Even keeping up with a conversation isn't an easy task, but I can manage that and now moving on to the next target- replying in Swedish.

OK, back on topic.
Rozzy, That's a great read that you provided me. Thanks!

kmg

Patek
2-Faktor
Ok - okej, betyder det, det är ju bra om folk som kommer till Sverige lär sig svenska och "M.B" vill av respekt göra detta. Vad är det för svenskar som inte ens värnar sitt hemspråk?....
Man skriver inte "Välkommen OCH det är ju...".
Men som @Buckshot skriver kan vi ju lägga ner språkdiskussionen.
Jag är f.ö. en svensk som tycker klockforumet berikas av fler intresserade medlemmar, även om de råkar föredra engelska. Du kan ju roa dig med att PMa alla utländska annonsörer och be dem skriva på svenska.

Jacob

”Kiss me im norwegian”
Ok - okej, betyder det, det är ju bra om folk som kommer till Sverige lär sig svenska och "M.B" vill av respekt göra detta. Vad är det för svenskar som inte ens värnar sitt hemspråk?....
Du skulle inte kunna tänka dig att byta din "avatar" den * är extremt störande eftersom den tar fokus från inläggen?

* Insert Joakim C

Reactions: PJW

Camo00

Patek
Ok. trådskaparen uppskattar min kommentar, han vill lära sig svenska och det går fint att svara honom på svenska. Vi får tala om för alla nyanlända att svenska är inget som är bra och det går alldeles utmärkt att klara sig på engelska. :D Märkligt att svenskar inte värnar om sitt eget språk på ett svenskt klockforum!.....
Detta är ett klockforum, det finns gott om andra forum där Du kan "värna om det svenska språket" och vädra andra unkna, nationalistiska idéer! Bry Dig inte om att svara, Du har förtjänat att ignoreras.

kmg

Patek
2-Faktor
- Visst är den vacker!

iu.jpeg
Japp. Riktigt snygg. Men vad har det med något som diskuterats att göra? Jag får heller inte ihop hur en handfull engelsktalande medlemmar på KS skulle vara ett hot mot det svenska språket. Sen har jag aldrig sett i någon riktlinje att vare sig inlägg eller annonser måste vara på engelska.
Du som fått en del skit här på KS borde veta bättre än att hoppa på nya medlemmar som skriver på engelska.

kmg

Patek
2-Faktor
Trådskaparen fann mitt inlägg helt i sin ordning. Den skit du talar om är de vanliga testosteronstinna stolpskotten som oavsett vad jag skriver eller någon annan som skriver något som de inte "gillar", så bränner säkringarna. Inget jag bryr mig om; de flesta är borta från detta intresse om en tid och gör varken till eller från. Nu kallas jag unken nationalist också. Det är de vanliga fegisarna som sitter på sin kammare och skriver. Nu återgår vi till Urens underbara värld!.....
Så må vara men jag tycker fortfarande att du har fel och att du slåss mot väderkvarnar i språkfrågan. Nåväl, låt oss diskutera klockor.

JoberMan

Politruk
2-Faktor
Trådskaparen fann mitt inlägg helt i sin ordning. Den skit du talar om är de vanliga testosteronstinna stolpskotten som oavsett vad jag skriver eller någon annan som skriver något som de inte "gillar", så bränner säkringarna. Inget jag bryr mig om; de flesta är borta från detta intresse om en tid och gör varken till eller från. Nu kallas jag unken nationalist också. Det är de vanliga fegisarna som sitter på sin kammare och skriver. Nu återgår vi till Urens underbara värld!.....
Lägg ned nu din sopa.

Tripeiro.

Rolex
2-Faktor
Hello KS!
I've been looking to add a new watch to my collection, when my fiance came with the idea of perhaps getting a matching set for both of us to celebrate the upcoming wedding.

I've been thinking of the Rolex Oyster Perpetual with grape dials, 39mm for me and 26mm for her. The issue here is that the 39mm model has the red dots, and the 26 doesn't- quite an OCD trigger for me. Another possibility is to go for a 36mm grape to match the dial, but then It's a bit of a waste in my opinion as we both can pull a 36mm watch, so why not get that one and then something completely else for diversity?

Anyways... Thoughts and suggestions would be welcome!

39mm
2015-Rolex-Oyster-Perpetual-39mm-8.jpg

26mm
rolex-oyster-perpetual-26-red-grape-1.jpg

Hej och välkommen!

Absolut fina klockor och de gör ett fint par, trots skillnaden pä tavlorna. Ta en funderare på Cartier, typ Santos?

Widowmaker

Audemars
2-Faktor
Du skulle inte kunna tänka dig att byta din "avatar" den är extremt störande eftersom den tar fokus från inläggen?

SD alot? :)

Status
Ej öppen för ytterligare svar.
Topp