• Välkommen till ett uppdaterat Klocksnack.se

Efter ett digert arbete är nu den största uppdateringen av Klocksnack.se någonsin klar att se dagens ljus.
    Forumet kommer nu bli ännu snabbare, mer lättanvänt och framför allt fyllt med nya funktioner.

Vi har skapat en tråd på diskussionsdelen för feedback och tekniska frågeställningar.

Tack för att ni är med och skapar Skandinaviens bästa klockforum!

/Hook & Leben

Karlskrona Watch Company dive watch project

Gentleman...
Producing a dive watch is a daunting task and very difficult, especially for a small company that does not have the big money to produce their own cases etc. It comes down to design features, specs/kit contents and service as differentiators. Many, many dive watches resemble the iconic Rolex Submariner. I couldn't even begin to count the amount of watches that resemble it in some way.

I am trying to make the Truedd different enough to not "blend in" but also incorporating a look/design that I like and feel others will as well. Everyone has different tastes which makes our love for watches so fun and makes collecting so addicting! :)

I promise to deliver a watch kit that offers good value for the money and back it up with exceptional service. I hope the final design is received well but know full well, like every other watch produced, it will not be for everyone.

Best,
Todd

Erik1

Patek
2-Faktor
Are you aiming for the Swedish or american market? I understand the city reference but if you're aming for the swedish market I think its a bad idea. People generally don't want to front with a city that they´re not from, and maybe never been to.

However, if it's the american market I think its a excellent choice! Swedish stuff tend to sell it self abroad, hehe.

Being that I am located in the states, the watch will have more prominence here. I would like to continue reaching International customers though, as I have with my straps and Bombfrog Minesweeper dive watch. I certainly understand your point though about some not wanting to have a watch with "Karlskrona" on it. ;)

Best,
Todd

StarMan

KS Explorers Club
2-Faktor
I like the changes in the design. The new logo and the blue makes it stick out in a good way.

sveol

Cartier
I also like the new design. I now want the white dial even more! The blue accents on the hands/dial is awesome! Good work :)

I did like the old crown better though. But thats just me :)

denjohan

Rolex
Pledge Member
The white dial one looks very nice. If that one is put in production, I will be very tempted to buy one.

Thank you, gents. I am still deciding on the crown. I want to stay away from the PloProf hands or alike style and keep them symmetrical. I think the wider hands will be perfect. Hopefully I'm right. :)

I'd be interested to hear why you feel the NH35 is such a poor movement. I have plenty of statistical and real-world use data that says the opposite. It is a very reliable and solid movement which is easily modified if the owner sees fit. Please let me know your experience that supports your claim.

Best,
Todd

Peter K

Panerai
2-Faktor
Don't pay attention to htat. The NH 35 is good enough for a watch like this. Ofcourse there are better movements. It depends on wich pricerange you like to put the watch in.

Skickas från min iPad via Tapatalk

DrDre

Patek
Don't pay attention to htat. The NH 35 is good enough for a watch like this. Ofcourse there are better movements. It depends on wich pricerange you like to put the watch in.

I think it is usually a good idea for a company to do pay attention to what potential customers say. I did not mean to sound negative, or argue about the quality of the movement, I just thought it would be useful for the firm to learn that some people are interested in the watch if it is equipped with an ETA. As I said, some people might like a lower quality movement at a lower price, but I am not one of them.

Ministern

Founder
2-Faktor
I'd be interested to hear why you feel the NH35 is such a poor movement. I have plenty of statistical and real-world use data that says the opposite. It is a very reliable and solid movement which is easily modified if the owner sees fit. Please let me know your experience that supports your claim.

Best,
Todd

One of the most important issues is the service factor anybody can serve an ETA. The Seiko movement is also quite new and we dont know any about its reliability in the long run.

Apansson

Torpare
The new black on black version is looking promising! To me, the bezel looks a bit too beefy in comparison to the dial, I would love it if it would be slimmed down by 1-2mm, would give the watch a sleeker look (I think!). I could also see a version with a bit more slimmed hours and minute hands, I'm totally loving the blue seconds hand though! I'll also join Spencer66 about the movements - an ETA movement would be worth the few extra pennies, just to feel more comfortable regarding service of the watch to make it last longer, it is quite the beater watch, afterall. What price range are you aiming for?

leicaphile

Panerai

The NH35 is based on the 7S26 isn't it? In that case it has a pretty good historical track record...

J.Hall

Omega
I like the watch and would wear it proudly since im from and still living in Karlskrona! :) Let me know when its available and im gonna keep my eyes on this thread.
About the name, the city is build on many islands and the main Island is "Trossö" maybe that would be a option ;)

Spindel

KS vulkanolog på Island
Considering The Sellita SW200 movement for this Treudd. Need to test both movements before making a decision.
I'd appreciate input on this topic.

Thank you! :)
If the choice is between the Sellita and the ETA it really doesn't matter which you choose, they are more or less identical (unless the choice is between some of the eelaborated or top grade ETA 2824 and the Sellita, in that case i would say ETA is a tad bettet).

I personally still would prefer the Seiko movement, but then you lose the Swiss mythos that some people here (and elsewhere) are asking for.

sveol

Cartier
Thnx Todd for the new design. i would maybe look into wider index markers as well to follow the wider hands? And the crown ofcourse ;)

Very nice of you to let us contribute with input, i hope you get more ideas by doing this and that it helps you in your work. "Design by Todd and a lot of picky Swedish forum watch nerds" ;)

rogart-63

Patek
I am going against the stream. The hands looked better before.And why silver hands on black dial? Go for the same color. You will see them anyway. But liking the idea about chanching to Sellita movement.

Topp