Laddar...
Nymans Ur 1851

Erikson Urhandel
Stäng notis
Nymans Ur 1851 & Klocksnacks Podcast
I tionde avsnittet av Klocksnack - tillsammans med Nymans Ur 1851 pratar vi klockor och mode med Per Nilsson från King Magazine!
Fräsig klocka på armen i all ära, men stil är ju trots allt lite mer än så. Och vem kan vara bättre att ta ett snack om dettamed än modemagasinet King's välklädde chefredaktör.

Information om avsnitt 10 >>

Produktionsbolag: Lejon Media
Stäng notis
Klocksnack tillsammans med Nymans Ur 1851 i final!

Sveriges bästa poddar ska röstas fram - visst vore det fantastiskt roligt om vi som nykomlingar gick och vann i vår kategori?
Om du har lyssnat och gillat vad du hört, gå då genast in och rösta på oss här: Podcastpriset >>

Tack!

Q & A med Jean-Claude Biver

Diskussion i 'Diskussion' startad av IlGattopardo, 28 september 2016.

1. IlGattopardo
    Trådstartare

IlGattopardo Bonde

Från:
    Hell
    Medlemmar som bidrog med frågor: Jag, @Kugghjul, @yonsson, @nissehult, @Andy7750, @903lew

[​IMG]

After the Swiss luxury watch manufacturers were overtaken technically in the quartz revolution, they have created a demand for their products through soft factors. The watches are beautiful and very well made; they feel wonderful to touch with your hands. Through these product features and clever marketing, the Swiss luxury watch manufacturers enchanted many parts of the world's rich people into wanting their products. How will they do to be able to continue this in the future, and how can they further refine this mix of craftsmanship and storytelling?

I believe that the Swiss Luxury Watch Manufacturers have entered a few years ago the marketing world of Luxury. They have learned not only to sell rationality (heritage, tradition, quality, etc.) but also the irrationality. Which are the emotions, beauty, dreams, status symbols etc. I believe like in the luxury world in general that if we can continue building dreams and emotions on real values like quality, tradition, culture and heritage, we will have no problem to sell our brands in the future.

Several newspapers are saying the Swiss watch industry is in trouble, is this true and if so what is the solution?

Newspapers love bad news as bad news attracts more attention than good news. It's a real pity for consumers, because good news in principle is giving you hope, ambition, vision and courage. While bad news is on the contrary making you being careful, afraid of the future etc. So to be frank with you, I believe that our industry has entered a certain consolidation period after so many years with constant growth. Our industry has also learned that you cannot rely for more than 20% on one customer (Chinese Customers have counted for several brand for nearly 50% of their turnover…) We have also learned that success should make you modest and humble and not arrogant. And last but not least we have learned that the customer is the King, not the brand !!! As a conclusion I would like to say that we will be stronger once we are back to growth and in that sense the actual period might be remembered as “good” period. Concerning the Connected Watch, it might create some trouble in the lower price segment of quartz watches, but not at all to the upper end price segment which represents the majority of the Swiss Watch Exports.

What do you foresee to be the future of the industry, further consolidation into groups or diversification into individual brands? Do you believe the industry will continue to move upscale by raising prices or will there be a correction (lowered prices)?

The consolidation into groups is not a typical watch phenomena, but is a general trend of today. As this trend is going on, we will see more and more niche brands offering what big corporation or groups cannot or don’t want to offer. Therefore I see a lot of opportunities for niche brands, provided they can maintain their quality, their service and their niche.

In an interview with Hodinkee you stated that the Swiss watch industry makes its best pieces while under stress. Do you believe we are in such a period and if this is the case, what do we have to look forward to?

A stress period always helps to become humble, to become dynamic and innovative. In that sense the stress periods can be positive, while one would think that they are exclusively negative.

How important are websites/forums like Klocksnack.se for brands and the watch industry?

They are very important as the provide, authentic useful and objective information to collectors and fans. They act like an antidote to the marketing campaigns and help promote what is real and authentic. The problem only starts when these websites or forum are no longer objective or no longer well informed about the reality and the truth.

According to previous interviews, you left Blancpain right before the 40mm BP FF was released. Were you involved with the development of the 21-century Blancpain Fifty Fathoms?

Yes, the Concept 2000 (which was launched in 1999) was done with my team that left with me and joined later in 2004 Hublot.

Of all the watches you have developed which model are you most proud of and why?

It’s certainly the Bigger Bang All Black (which is an All Black Chrono Tourbillon) and it's the watch that has brought me the most of success, luck and happiness.

One of your goals was to make an affordable tourbillon for "the masses", will there be other complications with the same approach?

TAG Heuer has three commands: 1. To be Avant Garde; 2. To be the “affordable” Swiss Luxury watchbrand and 3. To have a perceived value at least double the retail price. There is no reason why we should not pursue those three fundamental messages of the Brand.

Many customers scream after smaller and thinner watches but the industry seems to make bigger and bigger watches. Why?

The industry cannot satisfy every customer, but certainly most of them. I cannot see any brand that does not offer next to its bigger sizes also some more regular or smaller sizes.

Price and release date for the new Autavia?

Autavia will retail 4800 CHF and will be released in May or June 2017.

You have worked with many great brands but when are we going to see your own personal name on the face of a watch?

I will never put my name on any watch, because I believe that on a dial one should only have either the name of the brand or the name of a watchmaker. And I am neither a brand nor a watchmaker.

-
    Thank you Mr. Biver!
    -

Last edited by a moderator: 29 september 2016
    Compiss, Telefonplan, maximuspro och 115 andra gillar detta.
  2. 903lew

903lew Stadsbo

Fantastiskt kul initiativ!

IlGattopardo gillar detta.
  3. NiklasArvid

NiklasArvid Gandhi

Grymt skön gubbe som tar sig tid! :)

Per, Rozzy och IlGattopardo gillar detta.
  4. yonsson

yonsson Kikuchiyo Kobra Kai

Från:
    GBG
    En uppsats! Kvällen är räddad, tack!

5. Donkii

Donkii Catch me if you can!

Från:
    Östersund
    Men sweet! Kul läsning och att han faktiskt tog sig tid att svara.. Man märker att han har hjärtat på rätt ställe :)
    Får man gissa att @yonsson var den som droppade BP frågan ;) ?

IlGattopardo, yonsson, CaptainOats och 1 annan gillar detta.
  6. nissehult

nissehult Friends of KS

Syftar han på någon speciell webbsida/forum? Vad är bakgrundshistorien i så fall?

För övrigt bra frågor och trevliga svar. Bra jobbat @IlGattopardo

7. Davvan

Davvan My Kung Fu is stronger than yours!

Från:
    Fettefleur......
    Har mailat lite med honom tidigare när jag hade min Ice Bang.....han är blixtsnabb. Han gillar nog inte oordning i inkorgen. Nya gummiband fixade han också......otroligt frikostig!

Per, vikgul, Stefanweei och 4 andra gillar detta.
  8. sherwan

sherwan Präst

Från:
    Stockholm
    Tack @IlGattopardo och mr Biver :)
    Snabba svar, verkar va en riktig skön gubbe, Elvis i min klockvärld, king :)

dräpdrulle och IlGattopardo gillar detta.
  9. Andy7750

Andy7750 Präst

Från:
    Kungälv
  10. dräpdrulle

dräpdrulle Stadsbo

Förväntade mog inte ett så tidigt svar! Fantastiskt!

11. Xalle

Xalle Friends of KS

Festligt!

12. Shalalai

Shalalai Torpare

Thank YOU IlGattopardo!
    Snyggt jobbat, detsamma till gänget som bidrog med frågor. Intressant läsning.

13. IlGattopardo
    Trådstartare

IlGattopardo Bonde

Från:
    Hell
    Han menar nog rent generellt, det är ju ganska lätt att rykten och felaktig information sprids speciellt i forum där vem som helst kan skapa en tråd. Detsamma gäller ju sociala medier.

nissehult, yonsson och Eurenius gillar detta.
  14. JesperO

JesperO Präst

Grymt bra uppstyrt @IlGattopardo - måste säga att jag blev imponerad av svaren och hur snabbt han svarade - mer verkligen känner hur han brinner för detta.

15. MånsT

MånsT Biskop

Kul läsning och kul att han tog sig tid. Bra samling frågor från forummedlemmarna också!

16. jarrebarre99

jarrebarre99 Biskop

Från:
    GBG
    Tackar, riktigt stiligt styrt! :)

17. Oniel

Oniel Stadsbo

Verkar som en oerhört sympatisk människa som verkligen älskar sitt jobb och allt med klockor! Samt att kunden är i fokus! Annars tar man sig inte denna tiden för att svara på frågor sådär! :)

Grymt av dig också @IlGattopardo :)

18. Jimpa

Jimpa Friends of KS

Från:
    Mälardalen
    Riktigt roligt initiativ! Lästes girigt igenom :) good work!

19. INSANE

INSANE Stadsbo

Bra jobbat med frågorna! Han verkar vara en skön gubbe.

20. Tripeiro.

Tripeiro. Friends of KS

Tack! Mkt trevlig läsning och vettiga frågor.

21. M.U

M.U Biskop

Snyggt jobbat! Mycket trevlig läsning och vilken ödmjuk man (med tanke på sista svaret) :)

22. nissenypon

nissenypon Friends of KS

Kul initiativ och coolt att han svarade!

23. yonsson

Från:
    GBG
    Sjukt kul! Jag tog framförallt med mig 3 svar,
    1: Det känns troligt att Tag heuer kommer släppa flera prisvärda klockor med komplikationer.
    2: Yes, han var involverad i Concept 2000.
    3: Listpris och datum för Autavia.
    :)

Tycker han svarar väldigt frikostigt och varken politiskt eller avvisande. Väldigt kul att han delar med sig av sina tankar på branschen i stort.

Torsten, Gummo och IlGattopardo gillar detta.
  24. -RI-

-RI- Stadsbo

Tackar för detta, mycket trevligt!

25. yonsson

Från:
    GBG
    En så kallad lågoddsare.

Brutus gillar detta.
  26. Bikinigubben

Bikinigubben Borgare

Grymt kul att han svarade på det :p

27. theargonaut

theargonaut Friends of KS

Från:
    Sthlm
    Kul! Spännande att se vart han tar TH... Grymt styrt @IlGattopardo

28. Dixie

Dixie Friends of KS

Från:
    Skåne men bor i Gbg
    Jäklar va skoj! Jag blir helt enkelt glad av hela grejen. Kul att han svarade och att hans svarade ordentligt. Händer mycket skoj på Tag Heuer rent generellt tycker jag. Ska bli skoj att se vad framtiden innehåller gällande komplikationer hos dem (hölls iaf öppet ;) )

29. Syven

Syven Friends of KS

Riktigt intressant att läsa.
    Tack och bra uppstyrt!

30. Seikosthlm

Seikosthlm The Japanese Salesman

Från:
    STHLM
    Sjukt bra jobbat @IlGattopardo . Oerhört intressant att läsa om Bivers syn på media och konsumenter. Fenomenal fingertoppskänsla.

Mårtenssons ur Brookfield