• Välkommen till ett uppdaterat Klocksnack.se

Efter ett digert arbete är nu den största uppdateringen av Klocksnack.se någonsin klar att se dagens ljus.
    Forumet kommer nu bli ännu snabbare, mer lättanvänt och framför allt fyllt med nya funktioner.

Vi har skapat en tråd på diskussionsdelen för feedback och tekniska frågeställningar.

Tack för att ni är med och skapar Skandinaviens bästa klockforum!

/Hook & Leben

Q & A med Raynald Aeschlimann, President/CEO - Omega

IlGattopardo

Cartier
2-Faktor
Medlemmar som bidrog med frågor: Jag, @Ernesto, @Donkii, @Måberg, @Oscaro, @Nicbex, @Bossebäver, @Tomas Eriksson, @Undersköterskan, @903lew

PG-CMJN-RaynaldAeschlimann-090.JPG

In your opinion, what is the future for the Omega brand? A continued move up-market or a consolidation into the current segment? How will this affect your customers in "home markets" (Europe, USA)?

OMEGA has always been an aspirational brand. That includes people from different ages, personalities and countries all over the world. So we want to continue being a respected brand that everyone can look up to and aspire to be a part of. We will do that in the coming years by reinforcing our heritage while also innovating our technical and design excellence. What we have already started and accomplished with Master Chronometer movements will be rolled out so that, by 2020, the majority of our mechanical watches will be certified as Master Chronometers - the highest certification for precision, performance and magnetic resistance in the industry. We will also continue refining our use of specific materials, such as ceramic, so that we can remain relevant and attractive to the emerging generation of wearers.

How do you view Omega’s position in the watch market, is the current new lineup and increasing in pricing an attempt to boost your reputation?

As I just mentioned, many of our new innovations and models reflect the highest standards in the industry. That has taken a lot of time, energy, imagination and investment. But that is how OMEGA has always operated. We don’t stand still, we always want to go further and better. It’s never an attempt to “boost” our reputation. We have a brand spirit that demands excellence and accomplishment. First and foremost, it’s about remaining true to who we are. Our position in the market is amongst the world’s best. We don’t try to be elite, but we do try to offer the best quality in the world. I would also add that we never increased prices just for reputation or image, as this does not correspond to our values and respect to our customers.

Many manufacturers release Limited Editions of traditional and actual models. Through the years, discussions on forums have named Omega as one of the brands that does this the most. Among the collectors and enthusiasts this hasn't always been a positive thing, aren't you afraid that all these Limited Editions could change how the brand is perceived? Are these limited editions of great importance for Omega and what is the market, the enthusiasts or first time buyers?

OMEGA has a heritage quite unlike most other watch brands. We have connections to so many different parts of history and culture - from space exploration and the Olympic Games, to James Bond and golf. We have a strong story to tell and it’s important to us to celebrate that heritage. Limited Editions are a nice way to do that. They appeal to OMEGA fans and watch collectors and they offer something a little different. Sure, they’re not always for everyone. But that’s fine. Watch buying is a personal choice. The enthusiasm we see for our Limited Editions proves that we are doing it right. They tend to sell very quicklyand they give our loyal customers an opportunity to get something truly special from OMEGA. Furthermore, looking at the market value of some of our most recent Limited Editions, we are proud to see success.

Like many other watchmakers today Omega is moving towards larger watch cases in the new lineups. Most versions of the new Planet Ocean and the Moon watches are above 43 mm. The perception in the watch industry seems to be that larger is always better, even though a lot of consumers think that watches are getting too big. What is Omega’s view on watch sizes and what can we expect in terms of size for future watch models?

We don’t purposely begin by thinking “big” but the trend in the competitive world of professional and diving watches is also to have watches that have a real size. But I don’t believe that larger is always better. Again, watch buying is a personal choice. So while some OMEGA models, such as some Speedmasters and Seamasters offer a larger, robust look, you also have some De Ville models and Constellations which are smaller and more classic. I think one of the strengths of OMEGA is that we have such a diversity of options.

What technical advancements have been made with the caliber 8800 and what is the big difference between that one and the 8500? And what is the future for caliber 2500D?

The big difference is that the calibre 8800 is a Master Chronometer. This is an independently verified certification from the Swiss government (The Swiss Federal Institute of Metrology). It means that the calibre and the watch have passed 8 rigorous tests for precision, performance and magnetic resistance. For the first time officially, it’s the highest standard in the industry. And that’s on top of traditional COSC certification that most brands adhere to. Really, the 8800, and other Master Chronometer movements, are at the pinnacle of OMEGA’s current technical abilities. Future improvements and calibres will all be revealed in good time.

Because of its distinctive designis there a certain part of the world where you sell more of the Ploprof 1200 model than anywhere else, andis it still produced for the professional diver just like the old Ploprof 600?

Because of the size of the Ploprof, it tends to be more popular in markets such as Europe and the U.S.A. The functionality of the watch continues to be a fantastic divers’ tool. However, I would say that many people who choose the watch these days will not be diving to such great depths. They simply love it because of its look and history.

How important are websites/forums like Klocksnack.se for the Omega brand and watches?

They are very important and this is very good for us. They serve as great “meeting-points” for the watch community where fans can talk and share. It helps to build the global appeal of mechanical watches, which is always a great thing, and obviously it’s also an additional space where our watches can be seen and discussed. They’re not only helpful for consumers though. We also follow those websites. It helps brands to gauge reactions and stay in touch with what’s going on in the industry.

What is your opinion on watches such as Daniel Wellington?

I never like to comment on other brands and what they are doing. Every brand has a product and marketing strategy that works for them and we respect that. So long as people continue to love wearing watches, I think every brand has a part to play.

What is in the future for the Seamaster Professional 300m lineup?

I know I’ve used the Master Chronometer phrase a lot already. But that really is the direction for most of our collections now. In terms of the Seamaster, we’ve just focused a lot of our energy on the Planet Ocean. So we will learn from that and then address other Seamaster models, such as the 300M, in the future.

Will we ever see James Bond wearing a Speedmaster?

It’s unlikely. The James Bond costume team chose the OMEGA Seamaster in 1995 because it was the most likely watch that 007 would wear. Considering his naval heritage, the Seamaster was the ideal fit because it actually has a genuine military background with the British armed forces. I would say it’s an iconic part of his character now - as much as his car and his choice of cocktail.

-
Thank you Mr. Aeschlimann!
-

Isodor

Audemars
Tack!

Kul svar angående Limited som många här på KS ogillar.

Faktum är att deras senaste års limited står sig riktigt bra på andrahandsmarknaden och är eftersökta.. med undantag för Bond kollektionen på 15007 exemplar eller dylikt.

Jag har aldrig förstått "bond-edition"-tänket riktigt. Man vill väl om nått ha klockan bond faktiskt hade på sig i filmen, inte nån jäkla hyllningsmodell.

På tal om limited editions dock, den vitblå ck2998, mums :woot:

Topp