• Välkommen till ett uppdaterat Klocksnack.se

Efter ett digert arbete är nu den största uppdateringen av Klocksnack.se någonsin klar att se dagens ljus.
    Forumet kommer nu bli ännu snabbare, mer lättanvänt och framför allt fyllt med nya funktioner.

Vi har skapat en tråd på diskussionsdelen för feedback och tekniska frågeställningar.

Tack för att ni är med och skapar Skandinaviens bästa klockforum!

/Hook & Leben

Watchesgmt.com seriös?

D

Deleted member 1265

Zed: åkte du dit o handlade eller shoppade o de skickade?

Edblad

Breitling
Några nyheter om watchesgmt.com man bör känna till? Jag har hittat en del intressanta objekt och det verkar som de hittills skött sig bra i internet-affärerna. Ingen som har någon dålig erfarenhet därifrån på sistone?

SamiA

Kellokonttori
Professional Dealer
As a heads up: if you buy a watch from Watchesgmt, have it checked by a good watchmaker immediately after getting it. I've bought one piece from him and "mint condition" translated to a dropped watch which run +45 sec per day and had a dent on the case. Papers were also not what described.

Zed

Swissera
Professional Dealer
As a heads up: if you buy a watch from Watchesgmt, have it checked by a good watchmaker immediately after getting it. I've bought one piece from him and "mint condition" translated to a dropped watch which run +45 sec per day and had a dent on the case. Papers were also not what described.

Have you talked to Esteban about it?

SamiA

Kellokonttori
Professional Dealer
Why didn´t you return it? In my opinion he offered a pretty fair solution. That is if he also offered to cover your expenses for shipping back to Spain.

You're missing the point here. As a dealer he (and everyone else) should present the watch like it really is. Any watch dealer will measure timing and amplitude when they get the watch. That's part of the process when valueing the purchasing price. If there's something wrong with the watch, the selling customer get signifigantly less money compared to a mint watch. That is of course based on the fact that the watch needs service/repair. +45 sec advance per day can be a result of many things; the simplest one is magnetizing and then you can get into more severe issues. De-mag and adjustment are simple to test and those measures should be done before presenting the watch to ANY customer as mint and running perfectly.What I'm saying here is that all dealers will know if there's problems with the watch unless they're complete amateurs. When there's information that the watch is dented and it doesn't run well it can't be sold as mint and running perfectly. If you still sell the watch as mint and perfect, that's called a fraud. Online watch dealing is based on trust. To be honest I wasn't comfortable with the idea of sending the watch back and then wait for my money to come back to me. Instead I took it to my watchmaker, paid 500 € to have it fixed and that was it. Luckily it wasn't an AP or other higher end piece that would've required a trip to the factory.

Would you feel comfortable buying a mint Porsche 911 Turbo and after shipping you find out that the paintwork is a mess and the engine has only 150 hp because it's broken? Would it be ok to you that when asking for explanation the seller just says that you can return it and he'll refund you later. Me neither.

Let me clarify that I do not mean to bad mouth him at all. My point was (and still is) that if you buy a watch from him, have it checked after receiving it. I will give him a benefit of a doubt that he hadn't checked this watch before selling but that's him failing to due his due diligence. He did a good thing by offering me to return the watch, but offering an explanation to the issues I addressed would've been even better. After all this was a situation that shouldn't have happened in the first place. A Timegrapher costs 200 € and it will show timing, amplitude and beat error. That's enough to give anyone a basic info about the condition of the movement.

Zed

Swissera
Professional Dealer
Let me clarify that I do not mean to bad mouth him at all. My point was (and still is) that if you buy a watch from him, have it checked after receiving it. I will give him a benefit of a doubt that he hadn't checked this watch before selling but that's him failing to due his due diligence. He did a good thing by offering me to return the watch, but offering an explanation to the issues I addressed would've been even better. After all this was a situation that shouldn't have happened in the first place. A Timegrapher costs 200 € and it will show timing, amplitude and beat error. That's enough to give anyone a basic info about the condition of the movement.

From my experience very few of the premium dealers on Chrono24 measure amplitude. Very few even know what it is. Many have a watchmaker tied to the company which regulate the watches (if needed) before they are sold. Personally i don´t think it´s a problem if the watch is running badly as long as the dealer compensates me for the inconvinience.

SamiA

Kellokonttori
Professional Dealer
From my experience very few of the premium dealers on Chrono24 measure amplitude. Very few even know what it is. Many have a watchmaker tied to the company which regulate the watches (if needed) before they are sold. Personally i don´t think it´s a problem if the watch is running badly as long as the dealer compensates me for the inconvinience.

A watchmaker makes the regulation based on the machine test that will measure time keeping, amplitude and beat error. So the amplitude is automatically measured when checking if the watch needs regulation. They will know if the watch needs service.
I don't think it's compensation in any way if you're only offered the chance to return the watch.

k0nkas

Audemars
2-Faktor
Tror att du är ganska ensam om att resonera så. Jag har verkligen ingen lust att maila fram och tillbaka om återköp, återbetalning eller eventuell kompensation. Ännu mindre vill jag lämna in min nyinköpta klocka på service det första jag gör även om jag slipper stå för notan. En seriös säljare levererar klockan i utlovat skick!

Zed

Swissera
Professional Dealer
Tror att du är ganska ensam om att resonera så. Jag har verkligen ingen lust att maila fram och tillbaka om återköp, återbetalning eller eventuell kompensation. Ännu mindre vill jag lämna in min nyinköpta klocka på service det första jag gör även om jag slipper stå för notan. En seriös säljare levererar klockan i utlovat skick!

Kanske inte framgick tydligt men jag håller med dig. Tyvärr får man vara beredd på allt när det gäller att handla på C24. Det är som ett lotteri. Vill man inte ta den stora risken, köp från handlare eller AD i Sverige där risken i alla fall är mindre.

haz

Breitling
I confirm the comment saying the guy is a crook !

I bought a Cartier Santos 100 from him and the movement was damaged. I sent it back to him twice at my costs and he never fixed it.

He promised the refund of the return costs and never did it and after he just never answered my messages.

This guy is a CROOK ! And the watchmaker he uses damages the movements !

Stay away I am sickened by his behavior

AndyAnd

Cartier
Jag köpte en Rolex gmt av Esteban för något år sedan. Jättesmidig affär och trevlig kille. Allt stämde hur bra som helst.

Hexagon

KS Picasso
2-Faktor
Någon som har något mer att tillägga här? Har hittat en klocka hos Wg som jag är sugen på.

Tack.

InFeFe

Cartier
2-Faktor
Handlat av honom. Fick en skadad klocka som skulle vara nyservad. Fick den undersökt och klockan behövde servas enligt utlåtande från svensk urmakare. Skulle stanna borta från Esteban. Fick betala expressfrakten tillbaka men fick iaf tillbaka mina pengar då jag hävde köpet.
Badguy i min bok iaf..

Hexagon

KS Picasso
2-Faktor
Aight tack. Mailade för att få lite mer info om urverket i sig osv. Men om du säger att du upplevde det där så tror jag nog att jag avstår :)

Tack för snabbt svar!

karloscar

Cartier
2-Faktor
Köpte en Breitling från Esteban förra året. Snabb leverans, inom ett dygn.
Dock så var klockan inte alls i utlovat skick. Blev retur och pengarna tillbaka. Rekommenderar inte att handla därifrån.

Hexagon

KS Picasso
2-Faktor
Haha ja.. Fin mycket kul på nätet, men det är ju alltid lite obehagligt innan man öppnar upp.

Hexagon

KS Picasso
2-Faktor

May I ask what watch you bought? @SamiA
Thanks!

Topp