• Välkommen till ett uppdaterat Klocksnack.se

Efter ett digert arbete är nu den största uppdateringen av Klocksnack.se någonsin klar att se dagens ljus.
    Forumet kommer nu bli ännu snabbare, mer lättanvänt och framför allt fyllt med nya funktioner.

Vi har skapat en tråd på diskussionsdelen för feedback och tekniska frågeställningar.

Tack för att ni är med och skapar Skandinaviens bästa klockforum!

/Hook & Leben

Chocolate vs. Silver, varför inte båda? (ännu en STHLM roadtrip)

M.B.

Cartier
Äntligen! En paketöppnings, men först min lila historia kring det:)
I want to make sure I do this post justice so please excuse the English this time, but feel free to discuss further in Swedish.

Intro
This whole thing started a while ago, when I set my scopes on an AP 1502ST. Yes, I know what you guys are thinking - "that's impossible to do!", and you might be right.
Some of you may remember my experience from the AP thread, but for those who did not follow it: I tracked down an AP sales rep in the Geneva boutique that promised he could deliver a piece within 12-18 months without any strings attached, but he would like me to come down there and get to know him. Fair enough I thought to myself, he wants to see I'm serious, and booked a weekend trip from the wife and myself down to Geneva.
Not only that, I had every intention of paying either a deposit or the watch in full given a delivery within reasonable time. When we got there we encountered a rude attitude from the same sales rep, who basically demanded us to buy a 15400st and a 15450st right away otherwise he can't promise anything, with the actual words "what, cant you afford it? I have others who can afford it if you dont" coming out of his mouth:banghead:
We were out of there within 10 minutes, frustrated and back to the drawing board.

The Plot Twist
The Patek Philippe boutique that we went into unannounced were nothing other than professional and welcoming. We spent over an hour there discussing watches and the brands history. They even took interest in my Omega 166.088.
I knew going directly from the Nautilus is a lost cause, so what else can be done? Gray market is out of the question, perhaps start a relationship with an AD that holds both PP and other brands?
Eventually they recommended contacting Rob Engström ( @ROB-1832 ) if I want a chance at obtaining one.

That got me to thinking outside of the box: use the SS budget for a precious metal that's readily available from another brand. A fun watch I can enjoy, and would be a stepping stone towards a new relationship. I do love the chocolate dials on the Rolex watches, maybe a RG Daytona oysterflex?
Enter @thewallin and his 519LN, WG with a silver dial (my wife would like to have a chat with you, little enabler!). Not a chocolate dial but Wow, THAT'S I piece I can see myself wearing! Within my budget and reasonable delivery times.

I started calling around to ADs, mostly in Southern Sweden and DK, then expanded toward Stockholm as well. Surprisingly, the AD I bought my wifes DJ from down in gave me the worst service out of them all....:banghead:
The expected waiting time is 6-12 months, and I might just get something to pass the wait. The latest iteration of the Yacht Master is Steel & Platina isn't bad at all. The Two-tone could be the solution to my crush on chocolate dials and would work well alongside the 116519LN.
At his point I was leaning between Rob Engström in Stockholm and Klarlund in Denmark. I decided to wait out for Basel to make sure no surprises pop up before I pull the trigger...

Fast forward to Basel - No surprises (eller...?)
Which was a flop, luckily (?). My plan stays as it is! A deposit for the 116519LN, and maybe a 116621 to pass the wait.
At this point I already had a few calls with Annie from @ROB-1832 , alongside with @SimonThePilot delivery thread and some PMs from other members, I was starting to feel comfortable choosing them as a potential new AD:happyhappy:
But wait....

Rolex sneaks in a new movement to the YM
Here I am, thinking my plans are unchanged. But seems that Rolex sneaked in the 3235 movement to the YM line, replacing the known 3135.
The main benefit of the 3235 is the extended power reserve, VS. the 3135, the proven workhorse that is available today.
I did some reading over the weekend: http://bhi.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/April-HJ-2018-Article-of-the-Month.pdf
And was still torn. I was going up to Stockholm on Tuesday, so I just decided to let my emotions make the decision once in place.

The BIG day
The big day finally arrives, it's Tuesday and I promised Annie that I will finally pop in the store after drilling her over the phone for a while. Unfortunately, I got stuck at work, but that didn't stop me from staying an extra night in Stockholm to visit Rob E. first thing at opening time!
It so happens that Annie is the first I see over by the door, where I introduce myself as "the English speaking guy that's been harassing you lately":D

20190327_104233-01.jpeg

After a nice conversation and short introduction of both myself, Annie, Kay and the boutique we got to talking business.
I noticed the YM 116621 with that yummy chocolate dial laying there, so I did the mistake of asking to see it...

20190327_102343-01.jpeg

Well, a happy mistake to be honest. As soon as I saw it on my hand, all the thoughts of 3135 vs. 3235 were gone.
At this point Annie realizes what a freak she's dealing with, to notices these small details:p
That didn't stop her from following threw in a nice conversation, and unlike other sales reps I encountered from the competition - she actually reassured me that there's no stress, I can take all the time to think about it, and if the movement change really bothers me I shouldn't rush.
Little did she know, I was already sold. But her kind service just made it feel better that I decided to wait out and make the purchase at their boutique.

20190327_110631-01.jpeg 20190327_110641-01.jpeg
20190323_132305-01.jpeg

Bottom Line
I was very happy with the service given from all the Rob Engström staff, and thanks to the staffs understanding of customer service and level of professionalism I left the boutique with the YM on my wirst. But, that was only collateral damage, as my initial plan was leaving a deposit for a 116519LN - which also happened, with expected delivery of ~12 months. I used this opportunity to leave the Breitling for service as well.
Overall, a truly happy customer - Thank you Annie! All that's left to do is hope that other ADs will take this example and follow. Oh, and wait for the Daytona... that's also something I hope will happen soon:cool:

Some extra photos from the past 48 hours, including the Malmö get together yesterday
20190327_122214-01.jpeg 20190328_102736-01.jpeg 20190328_174532-01.jpeg
20190328_103706-01.jpeg 20190327_122822-01.jpeg

Anyone want to post some bets on delivery time for the Daytona? Closest one gets a beer in the first get-together after delivery;)

Senast ändrad:

M.B.

Cartier
Glad I could ”help” with your decisionmaking, apologies to your wife (not really) :)

Nej men skämt åsido frugan är också nöjd och var den som faktiskt pushade mig att ta steget. Dock är fortfarande osäker om hon gjorde det för att stöta mig, eller få mig att hålla käft om klockor :hilarious:
Jag jobbar hemifrån idag och klockan har försvunnit innan jag vaknade. Finns det nån som vill gissa var är det? ja, det blev en bra affär åt alla håll ;-)

Tackar dig också @thewallin för dom privata psykologi sessioner senaste veckorna. Det var några till som hjälpte mig här i KS, ni vet vem ni är, så tack! (lämnar det till er om ni vill "outa" här också)

Sjobedan

Rolex
Nej men skämt åsido frugan är också nöjd och var den som faktiskt pushade mig att ta steget. Dock är fortfarande osäker om hon gjorde det för att stöta mig, eller få mig att hålla käft om klockor :hilarious:
Jag jobbar hemifrån idag och klockan har försvunnit innan jag vaknade. Finns det nån som vill gissa var är det? ja, det blev en bra affär åt alla håll ;-)

Tackar dig också @thewallin för dom privata psykologi sessioner senaste veckorna. Det var några till som hjälpte mig här i KS, ni vet vem ni är, så tack! (lämnar det till er om ni vill "outa" här också)
Kul att ses lite snabbt igår!

Bara att hojta till om du vill ta en lunch :)

Wow what a beautiful piece! And so much fun to look forward to with the Daytona! Many congratulations and thanks for a really enjoyable read!

M.B.

Cartier
Kul att ses lite snabbt igår!

Bara att hojta till om du vill ta en lunch :)

Tack, det var kort men tervligt! Vi får hålla en liten "vem lyckas rekrytera vem" lunchtävling:D

Och tack alla som gratulerar och gillar posten. Det känns jättebra att äntligen "put an end to the saga" (eller så säger jag till frugan iallafall:p)
Hoppas att Daytona:n dyker upp tidigare än 12 månaders, på juli fyller jag år och det är exakt ett år sen vi gifte oss. Skulle bli en drömtining att göra den till en "heirloom piece" då. Men jag tror inte att det hinner, dock man får hoppas...

Tills den är jag mycket nöjd med YM:an och köp processen, tavlan är så bra ute i solen men ganska svårt att få sunburst effekten och färgen på bild.

#repost
#explorerWho?

20190329_164434-01.jpeg

Rushne

Breitling
Congratulations again man :)
Still really glad they were able to help you out :)

I spoke with Annie on Friday actually as I had to drop my Omega in for a small adjustment (Thanks Nils! :) ) and she mentioned she really enjoyed having you in the store and helping you out :D

Topp