• Välkommen till ett uppdaterat Klocksnack.se

Efter ett digert arbete är nu den största uppdateringen av Klocksnack.se någonsin klar att se dagens ljus.
    Forumet kommer nu bli ännu snabbare, mer lättanvänt och framför allt fyllt med nya funktioner.

Vi har skapat en tråd på diskussionsdelen för feedback och tekniska frågeställningar.

Tack för att ni är med och skapar Skandinaviens bästa klockforum!

/Hook & Leben

Högsta klockan.

Skolläraren

Panerai
Där ser man kul läsning .Tenzing hade tydligen en Rolex medan Hillary hade en Smiths .

Om jag inte missminner mig så klev de dessutom upp samtidigt. Sherpa Tenzing tyckte Hillary skulle vara först då det var hans expedition men Hillary ville absolut inte gå före sherpa Tenzing när denne hade varit så livsviktig för expeditionen och de hade utvecklat en så god vänskap. De besteg toppen samtidigt, som vänner.

leicaphile

Panerai
Om jag inte missminner mig så klev de dessutom upp samtidigt. Sherpa Tenzing tyckte Hillary skulle vara först då det var hans expedition men Hillary ville absolut inte gå före sherpa Tenzing när denne hade varit så livsviktig för expeditionen och de hade utvecklat en så god vänskap. De besteg toppen samtidigt, som vänner.

Det var väl Tenzing själv som senare sade att Hillary hade varit först trots allt?

Dessutom är det väl inte omöjligt (om än inte alltför sannolikt) att Mallory var först, i vilket fall det är denna klocka som gäller:
http://www.everestnews2004.com/malloryandirvine2004/mallorywatch.htm

Skolläraren

Panerai
Det var väl Tenzing själv som senare sade att Hillary hade varit först trots allt

Om jag inte minns fel så sa han det för att många hävdade att han måste ha kommit först, eftersom han var sherpa. Hillary sa aldrig emot de som sa detta, men vägrade hävda att han skulle ha varit först.

"They went to the top as a team" sa deras lagledare eller någon annan administrativ typ.

leicaphile

Panerai
Här är vad Tenzing Norgay skriver om det i sin bok i alla fall:
I have thought much about what I will say now: of Hillary and I reached the summit of Everest. Later, when we came down from the mountain, there was much foolish talk about who got here first. Some said it was I, some Hillary. Some that only one of us go there—or neither. Still others, that one of us had to drag the other up. All this was nonsense. And in Katmandu, to put a stop to such talk Hillary and I signed a statement in which we said, “we reached the summit almost together.” We hoped this would be the end of it. But it was not the end. People kept on asking questions and making up stories. They pointed to the “almost” and said, “What does that mean?” Mountaineers understand that there is no sense to such a question; that when two men
are on the same rope they are together; and that is all there is to it. But other people did not understand. In India and Nepal, I am sorry to say, there has been great pressure on me to say that I reached the summit before Hillary. And all over the world I am asked, “Who got there first?” Who got there first?”
Again, I say: it is a foolish question. The answer means nothing. And yet it is a question that has been asked so often—that has caused so much talk and double and misunderstanding—that I feel, after long thought, that the answer must be give. As will be clear, it is not for my own sake that I give it. Nor is it for Hillary’s. It is for the sake of Everest—the prestige of Everest—and for the generations who will com after us. “Why,” they will say, “should there be a mystery to this thing? Is there something to be ashamed of? To be hidden? Why can we not know the truth?” …Very well: now they will know the truth. Everest is too great, too precious, for anything by the truth.
A little below the summit Hillary and I stopped. We looked up. Then we went on. The rope that joined us was thirty feet long, but I held most of it in loops in my hand, so that there was only about six feet between us. I was not thinking of “first” and “second.” I did not say to myself, “There is a golden apple up there. I will push Hillary aside and run for it.” We went on slowly, steadily. And then we were there. Hillary stopped on top first. And I stepped up after him.
So there it is: the answer to the “great mystery.” And if, after all the talk and argument, the answer seems quiet and simple, I can only say that that is as it should be. Many of my own people, I know, will be disappointed at it. They have gen a great and false importance to the idea that it must be I who was “first.” These people have been good and wonderful to me, and I owe them much. But I owe more to Everest—and to the truth. If it is a discredit to me that I was a step behind Hillary, then I must live with that discredit. But I do not think it was that. Nor do I think that, in the end, it will bring discredit on me that I tell the story. Over and over again I have asked myself, “What will future generations think of us if we allow the facts of our achievement to stay shrouded in mystery? Will they not feel ashamed of us—two comrades in life and death—who have something to hide from the world?” And each time I asked it the answer was the same: “Only the truth is good enough for the future. Only the truth is good enough for Everest.”
Now the truth is told. And I am ready to be judged by it.

_jonte

Patek
En nyare artikel på Hodinkee visar denna Rolex OP 'red', som ska ha varit det ex som var med på toppen. Endast utlånad till Edmund Hillary, och finns nu på museum i Zürich.
http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/found-...o-the-peak-of-mount-everest-live-pics-details
BeyerMuseum096.jpg

Råkar ju ha en likadan 'red' från 1953, fast med den andra tavelvarianten. (finns två varianter på tavlan)
IMG_20140918_160806_1.jpg

Mr Chance

Kalmar
Din explorer, _jonte är ju bara så ball! Kanske ska ge mig ut på jakt efter en sådan...

Så här skriver Rolex på sin web:

"When Sir Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing Norgay finally made it to the top of the world on 29 May 1953, their expedition, led by Sir John Hunt, was equipped with Rolex Oyster Perpetual chronometers." (min fetning)

Vilket ju kan vara sant samtidigt som Hillary bar en Smiths.

leicaphile

Panerai
Din explorer, _jonte är ju bara så ball! Kanske ska ge mig ut på jakt efter en sådan...

Så här skriver Rolex på sin web:

"When Sir Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing Norgay finally made it to the top of the world on 29 May 1953, their expedition, led by Sir John Hunt, was equipped with Rolex Oyster Perpetual chronometers." (min fetning)

Vilket ju kan vara sant samtidigt som Hillary bar en Smiths.

Precis, Smiths sade väl att det var deras klocka Hillary bar till toppen, medan Rolex gjorde sitt bästa för att försöka ge intrycket att det var en Rolex utan att faktiskt säga det...

Topp