• Välkommen till ett uppdaterat Klocksnack.se

Efter ett digert arbete är nu den största uppdateringen av Klocksnack.se någonsin klar att se dagens ljus.
    Forumet kommer nu bli ännu snabbare, mer lättanvänt och framför allt fyllt med nya funktioner.

Vi har skapat en tråd på diskussionsdelen för feedback och tekniska frågeställningar.

Tack för att ni är med och skapar Skandinaviens bästa klockforum!

/Hook & Leben

Junghans Max Bill Dial

supersu

Omega
I have a Junghans Max Bill Automatic 027/4701 where the dial has some defects because the crystal shattered and scratched the dial. My girlfriend has now claimed that watch as her own, and wishes for me to change the dial. It currently has a black dial, but now she says she wants a white one.

Despite numerous hours of searching, I cannot seem to find a replacement dial for this watch. Does anyone here know of somewhere I might be able to find one? Maybe a watch that doesn't work but has a dial that I could use? I have no idea if dials from other models fit this one in particular, there are so many models to choose from.

Does Junghans act like Swatch group, and completely restrict the access to replacement parts from the general public, or is there some supplier out there somewhere that might have what I need? The hands seem fine, all I really need is the dial.

supersu

Omega
You could always ask them to replace the dial, should be a normal procedure for them?
What I mean is that it's already in pieces, and the crystal that was on it was not an original crystal. I highly doubt they would take it, place a dial on it that was not the one that came on it, and give it back to me for less than it would cost to just buy a whole new watch, if they would even take it at all.

rambo_amadeus

Vacheron
2-Faktor
What I mean is that it's already in pieces, and the crystal that was on it was not an original crystal. I highly doubt they would take it, place a dial on it that was not the one that came on it, and give it back to me for less than it would cost to just buy a whole new watch, if they would even take it at all.
If they are not willing to provide you a dial you could open the watch and measure the diameter of the current dial. You could then search for a dial of that size and attach it to the watch/movement with dial dots. You could also buy a slightly bigger dial and make it smaller by sanding it down (I have done that earlier with mized results). If you wish to use the dial feet of the dial then you need to source a dial for that paricular movement. Shouldn't be to hard as Junghans use stadard movements.

Edit: I think the movement in your watch is Kaliber J800.1 (baskaliber ETA 2824-2) hence a ETA 2824 dial should fit properly.

supersu

Omega
If they are not willing to provide you a dial you could open the watch and measure the diameter of the current dial. You could then search for a dial of that size and attach it to the watch/movement with dial dots. You could also buy a slightly bigger dial and make it smaller by sanding it down (I have done that earlier with mized results). If you wish to use the dial feet of the dial then you need to source a dial for that paricular movement. Shouldn't be to hard as Junghans use stadard movements.
Well that's what I had intended to do... the issue is that I really just can't find any Max Bill dials out there that are in halfway decent condition. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places, but as far as I have found so far, they're kinda unicorn parts. I don't have an issue frankensteining something though, I want my girlfriend to have what she wants, and if that means getting a bit janky, then that's what I'll do :)

rambo_amadeus

Vacheron
2-Faktor
Well that's what I had intended to do... the issue is that I really just can't find any Max Bill dials out there that are in halfway decent condition. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places, but as far as I have found so far, they're kinda unicorn parts. I don't have an issue frankensteining something though, I want my girlfriend to have what she wants, and if that means getting a bit janky, then that's what I'll do :)
I think in this case you would probably need to put in a sterile dial as the likelyhood of finding a mint dial for a modern junghans watch is probably slim to none. It m7ght be franken but it is a rather inexpensive watcj so shouldn't decrease the value to much.

supersu

Omega
I think in this case you would probably need to put in a sterile dial as the likelyhood of finding a mint dial for a modern junghans watch is probably slim to none. It m7ght be franken but it is a rather inexpensive watcj so shouldn't decrease the value to much.
Fortunately, value is something I don't really care about. This one isn't gonna get resold.
I wonder how hard it might be to simply strip the coating off, recoat the dial and set up a silicon transfer printing apparatus. It would be a fun project at least.

rambo_amadeus

Vacheron
2-Faktor
Fortunately, value is something I don't really care about. This one isn't gonna get resold.
I wonder how hard it might be to simply strip the coating off, recoat the dial and set up a silicon transfer printing apparatus. It would be a fun project at least.
I wouldn't try that. The likelyhood of getting a good result is not high. In that case I would send the dial for refurbishment. Then your girlfriend could customize it as she wishes. I think there are a few companies in the uk that do that.

Edit: Check http://www.watchdialrestoration.com
They have received good reviews.

supersu

Omega
I had issues with my Max Bill Mega, they replayed after two weeks
Yes, but I don't have the box or the cert, It's not even in one piece right now. I'm not gonna pay the service cost just to have a dial replaced, I would just as much rather put it back together with the scratched up dial. There are no Junghans AD's anywhere around where I live. The cheapest option is to either buy a new dial, or not do anything at all.

Topp