• Välkommen till ett uppdaterat Klocksnack.se

Efter ett digert arbete är nu den största uppdateringen av Klocksnack.se någonsin klar att se dagens ljus.
    Forumet kommer nu bli ännu snabbare, mer lättanvänt och framför allt fyllt med nya funktioner.

Vi har skapat en tråd på diskussionsdelen för feedback och tekniska frågeställningar.

Tack för att ni är med och skapar Skandinaviens bästa klockforum!

/Hook & Leben

Rolex 16660 på uret.se

William Turner

Breitling
Hej, I´ve found my dream watch, just not sure about a couple of things, one of them is the dial, there are a couple of marks on the 8 and 9 o´clock dots. Is this just normal patina, or does one have the dial re-painted? PLEASE forgive me if my questions sound a little strange, but i´m new to the world of ROLEX.

The other thing is that the armband only gets a 3/5 skick?? is this a problem?? I´ve noticed the price is good the a tripple 6 with the matte dial.

Sorry for writing in English, my swedish writing is, well, let´s not good since i´ve lived in Denmark for 10 years. I can read and speak swedish! So your more than welcome to answer in swedish.

Cheers :)

Affe

Una vida loca
2-Faktor
Hallå William Turner!

Välkommen till KS, detta eminenta forum för oss klocknördar! Finns inga dumma frågor, bara dumma svar.

Jag tycker boetten ser helt OK ut, inte sönderpolerad, godkänd i mina ögon. När det kommer till länken så är en 3/5 inga problem alls, torde vara normal slitage skulle jag säga.

Hmm...det är nu det blir lite svårare att avgöra när det kommer till tavlan. Jag tycker det ser ut som att tavlan har blivit om målad, eventuellt kan den kanske fått sig en servicetavla. Det svarta på index 8 & 9 kan vara smuts eller nått, har svårt att se då jag bara har tillgång till mobilen.

I det stora hela tycker jag klockan ser trevlig ut, någon krona för mycket kanske. Om det är något jag tvekar över så är det väl uretvintage.se det har väl förekommit flera tveksamma objekt till höga priser förut.

Lycka till med klockköpet och välkommen in i klockträsket!

William Turner

Breitling
I´ve checked out the prices for a 16660 with the Matte dial, chrono24, ebay worldwide, kaplans, tradera, blocket, gripenbro and many other sites, and the one at uret.se seems to be the best price and it´s here in Sweden :)

I won´t grab it until i know what the story is with the dial?

Since it will be a one time investment, something i want for the rest of my life, then i won´t be too bothered if i could get the dial fixed, re-painted of best of all, cleaned up???

I´m going to contact an expert in Borås, i visited a rolex workshop, can´t remember the name of the shop of my head.

ozzyozzy

Cartier
Välkommen ner i träsket!

Om tavlan är kosher så ser det onekligen även ut som att visarna är av nyare datum då de är betydligt ljusare än index?

MJ24

Patek
2-Faktor
I´ve checked out the prices for a 16660 with the Matte dial, chrono24, ebay worldwide, kaplans, tradera, blocket, gripenbro and many other sites, and the one at uret.se seems to be the best price and it´s here in Sweden :)

I won´t grab it until i know what the story is with the dial?

Since it will be a one time investment, something i want for the rest of my life, then i won´t be too bothered if i could get the dial fixed, re-painted of best of all, cleaned up???

I´m going to contact an expert in Borås, i visited a rolex workshop, can´t remember the name of the shop of my head.
Välkommen till Klocksnack!
Angående experten i Borås du nämner, så vad jag vet finns ingen Rolex AD i Borås.
Om du menar en uraffär i Borås som säljer begagnade Rolex, skulle jag nog försöka få en "second opinion" på det som sägs där innan köp.
Kontakta en riktigt Rolex AD eller sök hjälp här.

Flat-Eric

Stålklockans beskyddare
2-Faktor
Har oxå tittat på nämnda klocka, men hört mkt dåligt om uretvintage sista tiden, vilket gjort mig tveksam

Annars är priset bra för en tripple six med tavla (givet att allt är ok med klockan....)

William Turner

Breitling
Välkommen till Klocksnack!
Angående experten i Borås du nämner, så vad jag vet finns ingen Rolex AD i Borås.
Om du menar en uraffär i Borås som säljer begagnade Rolex, skulle jag nog försöka få en "second opinion" på det som sägs där innan köp.
Kontakta en riktigt Rolex AD eller sök hjälp här.

Yes, it was the watch shop in Borås who sells secondhand Rolex. I went there once because he was the only place near by who had a seclection of sea dwellers, most new ones. I was given a guided tour out back where i saw Rolex and other watches in a million bits.

MJ24

Patek
2-Faktor
Yes, it was the watch shop in Borås who sells secondhand Rolex. I went there once because he was the only place near by who had a seclection of sea dwellers, most new ones. I was given a guided tour out back where i saw Rolex and other watches in a million bits.
Han är ingen återförsäljare av Rolex, och har dessvärre också figurerat i ett antal trådar här på forumet den senaste tiden.
Kolla upp länkarna i de andra posterna med länkar i tråden så kan du bilda dig din egen uppfattning om just den handlaren.
Mitt tips är att du vänder dig till en auiktoriserad Rolexhandlare om du vill ha korrekta svar!

William Turner

Breitling
Har oxå tittat på nämnda klocka, men hört mkt dåligt om uretvintage sista tiden, vilket gjort mig tveksam

Annars är priset bra för en tripple six med tavla (givet att allt är ok med klockan....)

First i was looking at a "standard" tripple 6, like the one on Gripenbro from 1985, at first my max budget was 50000kr for an 16660, but then i fell in love with the matte dial and found one on Uret.se which seems like a good price. I´m not a collector, so i ´m not bothere about box, tools osv.. 60-65000kr is my max budget

I just don´t understand what the mess is on the dial at ca kl8 and 9?? I wonder if it can be cleaned? refinished?

William Turner

Breitling
Han är ingen återförsäljare av Rolex, och har dessvärre också figurerat i ett antal trådar här på forumet den senaste tiden.
Kolla upp länkarna i de andra posterna med länkar i tråden så kan du bilda dig din egen uppfattning om just den handlaren.
Mitt tips är att du vänder dig till en auiktoriserad Rolexhandlare om du vill ha korrekta svar!

Thanks for the advice :)

Cheers

William Turner

Breitling
Was also wondering if anyone know that difference between a 16600 and a 16660?? they both look the same to me.

If the 16660 at Uret.se doen´t check out then I´ll be looking at a tripple six or an 16600.

Karatekid

Vacheron
2-Faktor
Was also wondering if anyone know that difference between a 16600 and a 16660?? they both look the same to me.

If the 16660 at Uret.se doen´t check out then I´ll be looking at a tripple six or an 16600.
Painted index and matte dial on the earliest 666 vs white gold index. Also differences in the movements, 666 uses 3035 I believe whereas 16600 uses 3135. Late 16600 has no Lugholes as well..

wundlander

I know I look great in my Mustache
Ser ut att vara i gott skick. Fläckarna på index skulle jag välja att kalla patina och inte störa mig på. Jag har haft en gammal Rolex med liknande fläck på index. Däremot ser visarnas lume, som tidigare nämnts, ljusare ut än tavlans. Syns framför allt på bild 5. Det hade jag stört mig på.
Be om fler bilder på detta och fråga hur dem (uret) uppfattar det. Utbytta visare är trist om det inte matchar.

poormans

Rolex
spots on the dial are probably som kind of moisture damage, normally it brings down the value ofcourse depending on how much there is

i had the same kind of spotts on the index this 1665 rail dial

cheers
christian

William Turner

Breitling
Hmmm don´t like the sound of moisture damage.

I never really thought about the difference with the hands until you pointed it out!! hmmm (getting blind in my old age ;))

Well i´ve sent an email to them, asking if they know anything, and if they could send me a few more pics of the hands and dial.

If this watch doesn´t add up then i might go for the tripple 6 at Gripenbro.

http://gripenbro.se/artiklar/salda/rolex-53.html

Compiss

Patek
2-Faktor
Hmmm don´t like the sound of moisture damage.

I never really thought about the difference with the hands until you pointed it out!! hmmm (getting blind in my old age ;))

Well i´ve sent an email to them, asking if they know anything, and if they could send me a few more pics of the hands and dial.

If this watch doesn´t add up then i might go for the tripple 6 at Gripenbro.

http://gripenbro.se/artiklar/salda/rolex-53.html
Hej och varmt välkommen hit

Till att börja med SDn är helt fantastisk. Har själv två 16600.
Den du länkar till på gripenbro är nog dessvärre såld.

Bjuder givetvis på en bild:)
image.jpg

Lycka till i jakten.

Daytona96

Rolex
Jag tror inte att tavlan är ommålad, jag tror mer på att det kan vara någon fuktskada. Tavlan däremot är en mk1-tavla, vilket bevisar att den inte har en servicetavla eftersom den då skulle haft en tavla med vitguldsindex. Jag är själv lite sugen på att köpa den [emoji4]

William Turner

Breitling
I got a reply from Uret.se about the tripple 6, the hands are original and that they have no more infomation about the watch being modified in any way. They don´t have any more photo´s other than what´s on there homepage.

Hmmmmm

Does anyone know how often a tripple six with a matte dial comes up for sale? and what price do they go for??

William Turner

Breitling
Another watch i´ve been looking in to is the 16800 Sub from around 1982-84, my only issue is, i really hate the date bubble, so i would end up chaging the glass which feels wrong????? And there are a few for sale in my price range, where i feel that a tripple 6 with the matte dial will cost me a lot more since my max budget is 60000skr.

Donkii

Boushh
2-Faktor
Another watch i´ve been looking in to is the 16800 Sub from around 1982-84, my only issue is, i really hate the date bubble, so i would end up chaging the glass which feels wrong????? And there are a few for sale in my price range, where i feel that a tripple 6 with the matte dial will cost me a lot more since my max budget is 60000skr.

Annars tar du bara bort bubblan. Filmen nedan är kanske inte den bästa men det finns många tutorials. Stämjärn och nerverna på plats ;)

Donkii

Boushh
2-Faktor

It's the real thing. You know the cyklop is glued so it will come off if you try. I removed one on an older Rolex using a lighter. I heated the cyklop for around 5sek and then the glue under was letting go so I just took my finger and pushed the cyklop of.

Topp