• Välkommen till ett uppdaterat Klocksnack.se

Efter ett digert arbete är nu den största uppdateringen av Klocksnack.se någonsin klar att se dagens ljus.
    Forumet kommer nu bli ännu snabbare, mer lättanvänt och framför allt fyllt med nya funktioner.

Vi har skapat en tråd på diskussionsdelen för feedback och tekniska frågeställningar.

Tack för att ni är med och skapar Skandinaviens bästa klockforum!

/Hook & Leben

Karlskrona Watch Company dive watch project

Hello all...
I am working on the name and design for my first dive watch project and would appreciate your input.
I have decided, with the help of many of you here amongst others, that the name "The Arctic" does not represent the project or area I am paying respect to well... nor does "Baltic". That being said, here are a few names I am considering:

Treudd
Treudd Warrior
Treudd Shield

I am thinking that mixing the Swedish name with an English name may cross appeal over different masses.

Also, I am changing the design a bit to resemble more of a tool dive watch rather that a pure dress/desk diver. I will share the new design drawings once I have them ready.

I greatly appreciate your opinions and thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Best,
Todd @ Bradystraps

Peter K

Panerai
2-Faktor
I vote for just treudd. That makes it very exotic.

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

hans

Petrus Kenicius
I find this project really interesting as well. Good luck Todd!

Some thoughts:

Karlskrona was/is an important naval city. I think you can find a name in that history.

I would also like to see a smaller watch, about 40 mm and an ETA movement.

botvidsson

Cartier
Played around abit if you don't mind.
Absolutely only TREUDD in the name otherwise it will be too cheesy.

treudd%2021-05-2014%2019:13:19.jpg

StarMan

KS Explorers Club
2-Faktor
I find this project interesting but for me personally a size of 39-41mm would make the watch much more interesting. Out of curiosity, what's the story behind the name treudd? I also vote for just treudd instead of a combined name.

Good luck!

DrDre

Patek
I agree with Yonson above. Some kind of historic symbol, crest etc would be nice and also a bit original. What I would avoid at any cost is red text. It will look like a red-sub and that is not very flattering.

As I mentioned in a previous post, personally I would be more interested in the watch if comes with an ETA/Selitas rather than a Seiko movement.

yonsson

Kikuchiyo
Pledge Member
2-Faktor
DrDre
Seiko usually have faster delivery + Seiko movement means easy to mod. Seiko all day long.

DrDre

Patek
I would much rather wait for what I really want, in this case an ETA movement. I dont think you will need to modify it. You just have to get a date disc that is suitable for the date at "6" but that should be available off the shelf.

Ministern

Founder
2-Faktor
DrDre
Seiko usually have faster delivery + Seiko movement means easy to mod. Seiko all day long.

Ledsen att säga det men Seikoverk kommer göra klockan mindre åtråvärd. Sedan kan du och de andra Seikofanatikerna yra hur mycket ni vill. Den här typen av klocka med Seikoverk kommer bara kännas som ett billigt substitut oavsett om verket är bra eller ej. Se sanningen i vitögat för en gångs skull, ETA har högre credd än Seikos billiga basverk..

hedbrg

Panerai
Sounds like your head is pointing in the right direction. I like the sound of treudd and a bit toolier look.

Thank you, gents. Great input and much appreciated! :cool:

I am definitely using the blue color for the name. I might even use a blue seconds hand to match... haven't ruled that out yet. I really like the Seiko NH35 movement. I used it in the Bombfrog Minesweeper and it is a terrific and trusty movement that is easily modified should one choose to do so. The Minesweeper test watches all ran about +2 seconds per day out of the box which is very good. The ETA movements are still experiencing supply issues and for a small guy like me, it would be extremely difficult to receive 400+ movements in the timeframe I want to launch this project.

I plan on including one of my soon to be released Avenger Water Resistant Sailcloth straps in the kit. Might use a blue stitch on it to match the watch. Here is a prototype with red stitch for reference:

I am also working on the case back design. Considering a Trident of some sort but I am considering other options as well.

Best,
Todd

Ministern

Founder
2-Faktor
As I wrote earlier, even if the Seiko movement is a good one it would still feel like a budget alternative. Most people at least in Sweden that are interested in watches considers ETA or Selita a more high end alternative. Using the Seiko movement makes it more feel like a back alley watch Made of cheap of the shelf parts. Go for ETA or Selita if you want cred.

Topp